This course is focused on teaching practical results and values companies can derive from market research.
The class will use a combination of textbook material and case studies supplemented with instructor lectures. Students will be organized into groups and make class presentations on various stages of marketing and market research. Students will get a chance to try to apply their skills in using research tools they learn during the class.
After successful completion of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand principles and fundamentals of market research
- Understand and use market research language/terminology in the business community
- Understand the role of market research in marketing management
- Be able to go through the process of developing an integrated market research plan for an organization
- Be able to interpret the results of the market research data, its limits, validity and applicability to marketing strategy
- Learn market research tools and concepts and apply them in practical business situations
- Learn how to integrate technology into marketing management
- Develop and improve written and oral communication skills